DXing in the Low Lands

This is a message from j.v.d.boogert@xxxxxxxxxxxx (J.v.d.Boogert)

Hello Gang-members,

I finally found a good spot in my parents flat for my nifty little radio and
here are the results........

4919 0323-0327 Radio Quito, Ecuador. Lady in S with news item. Full ID + "La
Voz de Capital" slogan, then man and woman alternating. By 0500 they were
coming in real strong and clear. SINPO: 34333 (Boogert, Holland, April 29)

4960 0320-0330* VoA, Sao Tome. "Daybreak" progam in English about a Ugandean
major-general stepping down. Not heard after 0330, so presumed s/off then.
SINPO: 55445 (Boogert, Holland, April 29)

4830 0336-0407* Radio Tachira, Venezuela. I got fooled by this one, because it
was in Portugese with a religious phone-in program called "Radio des Ochos del
Manana". Some Spanish phrases mixed in too and the Portuguese wasn't really
the kind they speak in Brazil. Also loads of IDs at sign off, so no doubt
about it, hi. SINPO: 54333 (Boogert, Holland, April 29)

5020A 0346-0349 Ecos del Atrato (presumed), Colombia. Exited talk by man in
Spanish mentioning CARACOL and Colombia a lot. Not //5077. SINPO: 22222
(Boogert, HOlland, April 29)

4931A 0315-0430 Radio Internacional, Honduras. This was a tough cookie as
there was a CW marker on the same channel coming up every minute. In between I
caught a lot of talk, but only at 0426 a man mentioned some frequencies and at
0430 an ID as "Esta es Internacional." The frequency was slightly below 4931
kHz. SINPO: fair when clear of CW. (Boogert, Holland, April 29)

4832A 0410-0450 Radio Reloj, Costa Rica. Same format as before: music, ID,
time check, commercial, ID, TC and music. Had a nice remake of an Italian
song. NIce to hear this again after so many years. SINPO: 44444 (Boogert,
Holland, April 29)

4775 0437-0454 Radio Tarma, Peru. Non-stop music, but at 0450 an ID which
sounded like "Radio Tarma Internacional" + mentions of frequencies. RTTY QRM,
so had to use SSB to listen to this one. SINPO: 22--2 (Boogert, Holland, April
29)

7535 0500-0530 Monitor Radio, WSHB, USA. Headline news and........oh, sorry,
but I did listen to this one too. Shame on me, you soft-core-DXer :-)

Actually I don't even know which of the above can be regarded as DX. I haven't
DXed in Europe for some seven years now and honestly speaking I haven't really
kept up with reports from Europe. Some comments would be appreciated.

But if you regard my equipment, then I guess everything can be regarded as DX,
or not????

RX: Panasonic RF-B65L + 8 meters wire
Location: Doorwerth, Holland (a few kilometers from Arnhem, near the German
border)
Ears provided by Hans van den Boogert - DSWCI 3029

Please reply to hansfong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,
J.v.d.Boogert

-