NEWS: Re: Radio Comercial Lisboa ON

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

I have no idea if the situation has now changed, but in the first days of
this January (= 8 months ago) I was in Southern Senegal, practically 30 Kms
far from the border with Guinea Bissau. With a Kenwood R-5000, I  have
tried every possible official/unofficial/declared frequency of Guinea
Bissau; results: nil,
not even the ghost of a carrier. Then I met two police officers of Guinea
Bissau; having asked about their radio, they started laughing...
Apparently, they/nobody was able (since long) to hear the G. B. radio even
in the capital city.
>From the above, I came to the conclusion that the radio was totally
inactive or worse. I repeat, this was last january, I do'nt know if now
anything can have changed.

Best regards.
Beppe  Gornati
Italy

At 00.18 01/09/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
>LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
>For more information, please check http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/
>or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>
>Hello!
>Radio Comercial, Lisboa, 1035 is active.
>Heard first time  August 25th near Madrid, with Bon Jovi music, Id, //1251
>R. Comercial Porto and others.
>Good signal in Madrid tonights.
>
>Juan Antonio Arranz
>Madrid
>
>----------
>> De: Mauno Ritola <ritola@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> A: jas84756@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Asunto: Portugal 1035 kHz
>> Fecha: lunes 1 de septiembre de 1997 2:51
>>
>> Hola!
>> 	I saw your news about Portugal being active on 1035 kHz. Could you hear
>> Guinea-Bissau during Portugal's inactivity on 1035 kHz? Or is on split
>> 1034 kHz, as WRTH says? Or is it totally inactive? I'd be grateful for
>> the info, because I sometimes have tried to catch this station.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Mauno Ritola
>> Finlandia

FromFromFromFromFromFromFromFromFromFromFromFromFrom

Beppe Gornati                      DSWCI 3299
Via Europa 2
20049 CONCOREZZO  -  Italy
Fax ++39-39-6041601                bgornati@xxxxxxx + bgornati@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rx     Watkins Johnson
Ant.   LW 60mt+Balun/AD Sloper 20mt/Outdoor Loop ALN-1 30mt