EQUIPMENT: Re: MFJ-1026 Formal Review

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

Based on the excellent reviews here and elsewhere, I picked up an MFJ-1026
today at a hamfest. I've only been using it for an hour or two so far, and
am already very pleased with the performance. I did the first mod, for
improved LF performance, and have been able to completely, or in some cases
almost completely null most local AM stations (daytime right now, so
nothing else is coming in under them, hopefully that will change in a few
hours!)

The next mod is of course the switch for swapping phase. How have others
mounted the switch? My idea at present is to remove the T/R Delay pot
(useless for me, and probably most others), solder in a fixed resistance,
and mount the switch in place of the pot. That way I don't have to add any
holes to the chassis.

Chris

Web URL: http://www.access.digex.net/~cps
Shortwave Radio, Spy Number Stations, Macintosh Software