[hard-core-dx]: Arthur Cushen

For those of you who may not have heard, a legend in the shortwave listening
field passed away on Friday at 8:30 a.m. EDT. I grew up reading Arthur
Cushen's articles and intercepts and I can truly say that it had a profound
influence on my early years in the radio hobby. We have truly lost a great
and caring man who devoted his life to the radio hobby. Rest in peace my friend.

73 de N5FPW SK

Larry Van Horn
Assistant Editor
Monitoring Times magazine

>Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:20:26 +1200
>To: amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxx
>From: Mark Nicholls <nicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Arthur Cushen
>Sender: owner-amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Attention all AM FM TV DX list members who knew Arthur Cushen
>

>ARTHUR CUSHEN   .
>
>One of the Worlds leading AM and Shortwave DXers based in Invercargill ,
>New Zealand .
>A  major contributor  to DX  radio programmes Worldwide and contributor  to
>many DX Club
>magazines around the World .
>

>I regret to advise you that Arthur Cushen died this morning (Saturday )  at
>0030 NZST                        (Friday 1230 UTC)
>
>Messages of condolence can be sent to
>
>Ralda Cushen
>212 Earn St
>Invercargill
>New Zealand
>

>Regards
>
>Mark Nicholls <nicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>=====
>This is the AM/FM/TV DX mailing list.
>To post to the list, send an e-mail to :   amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxx
>with only "unsubscribe amfmtvdx" in the BODY of the e-mail.
>=====

Grove Internet Radio Forums Manager
Milcom/AM-FM-TV DX List Owner
Tracking the Trunks/Utility World columnist
Assistant Editor Monitoring Times
Managing Editor-Satellite Times magazine

Brasstown, NC USA: 35 deg 2'46.3"N, 83 deg 56'28"W

Stop H.R. 1964/2369 or lose your right to listen to non broadcast radio!!!
-- Douglas Adams