[hard-core-dx]: OFF-TOPIC: WAV-files

Hello everyone,

Oh no, Mr. van den Boogert off-topic again! Yes, this time with a computer
question. I'm working on my first HTML project - radio related, of course -
which will include a ton of WAV-files. As I am very smart I found out that
there is an Audio Compression Manager, with which you can reduce sound
files to about a fourth of their original size. Now the question:

1) Are there any objections against using compressed WAV files on the Web?
Any users not being able to decode it?
2) Which format is best to save in: ACM, DVI/IMA ADPCM, or Microsoft ADPCM?

That's all. Input welcome, maybe better directly to my address, otherwise
Mr. Risto might get angry :-(

Hans van den Boogert - Taiwan
hansfong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. In case you're wondering: it might take another couple of months
before I can put the whole thing on the web. But I promise you all, it
won't be your average homepage with bios and favorite bookmark lists. Thank
heavens for that Mr. Hans!