[HCDX]: Re: UNID meteo stn on 1500 kHz!

Hello!

>An UNID station with meteorological messages in English and Italian
>(concerning Italy and Mediterranian) was heard by me on October 24
>at 0142 UTC (tune in) untill 0145 s/off and then again at around 0454 UTC
>on 1500.0 kHz. Man-voice from an automatic message generator (sentences
>were composed out of pre-recorded words) of quite an amateurish quality.
>Fair and clear signal on. Probable location: Trieste?

Yes, the same station was heard a few months ago by the Italian MW DXer
Giampaolo Galassi.
I heard his tape and can confirm that it's an Italian coast station, very
probably Trieste indeed.
It seems the station has some problem with its transmitter, that should be
operating on 2624 kHz. I don't understand how technically they can put out
a spurious signal on 1500 kHz!

73

Fabrizio Magrone, Italy
fmagrone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx