Re: [HCDX]: UNID 1640 and 1680

At 10:47 97.12.27 +0100, Stefan Wikander wrote:
>The best NA-transatlantic conditions here for the last 20 years I think.
>Two UNID stations on 1640 and 1680 with a women telling temperatures and I
>think wind in cities in USA.
>On 1680 I heard a WQ?? . Both stations have the same talk and information.

I heard the same Dallas-Ft.Worth stations from my QTH at Vigdel Beach, Sola
in southwestern Norway on both Dec. 27 and 28.

Superb reception of daytime signals from the US were noted in the evening
of Dec.28. East coast stations started to appear just before 1930 UTC. WFIF
Milford CT on 1500 kHz was very clear, the best I've ever heard them. At
times they were mixing with the NJ station, later WTOP joined in. Several
other frequencies produced interesting loggings, i.e. 820, 830, 1020, 1430,
1460 and 1570 kHz.

Jan Alvestad
--
Jan Alvestad - janalv@xxxxxxxx