[HCDX]: Re: Euro opening starting again?

[HCDX]: Re: Euro opening starting again?

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:35:57 -0800 (PST) Nick_Hall-Patch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Nick Hall-Patch) writes:
>1314 kHz has been showing a carrier here again, noted 0445 on and off
>through 0630 UTC (time of posting) Jan 6/98, in spite of a K index of
>4 at
>0600.  The observed bearing of 45 degrees from Victoria, B.C. is not a
>direct path.
>
>Is another TA opening brewing?

TA reception can be enhanced with a K index of 4 (although the lower the
value the better).  Checking the OH2BUA web page for a summary of the
geomagnetic conditions for January 5th, the A index varied between 3 and
5, and the K index between 0 and 2.

These values indicate it's definitely quiet enough to allow some TAs to
cross the pond, although at least for those like you and I who aren't
located on the U.S. East Cast, increased probability of reception should
be from more or less mid-latitude countries (such as Spain, Portugal,
Canaries, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc.  Incidentally, enhanced reception of
Saudi Arabia-1521 has been reported here in the U.S. during the last few
days.

By the way, the aforementioned website also shows that the geomagnetic
indices dropped throughout the night to a current January 6th value of
A=2, and K=1.

Yes, I would say it's time to go get some TAs!

73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx