Re: [HCDX]: NRD-545

A tip is to use a laptop as you do not have as much noise problems generated
via the monitor.  Plus use a good grade of Coax cable and ground everything
in sight.  I use a laptop in the shack with little or no problems at all.
Occasional problems with the power pack for the laptop but have gone totally
battery and no problems at all, now.  I do not have the computer next to the
receiver but maybe 3 or 4 feet from it.  What I have found is that on a JRC
535d,  seems to generate more noise than the computer.  Notice in the LF
band and is traced back to the display of the 535D.

Bob Montgomery