Re: [HCDX]: UNID 1480

>Heard a station on Dec. 23 at 1005 UTC ending NBC news, then
>annoucement as "KTOA (???) News,.... 3 o'clock".  Very weak so call
>letters may (and should) be different but phonetically matching.  Heard
on

How about this:  Some AM stations rebroadcast the audio from TV news,
so you may have heard KTVK, Channel 3, Phoenix, Arizona, being
rebroadcast over KPHX-1480 in Phoenix.

It's a long shot, but KTVK sounds a little like KTOA.  I've never heard
KPHX, so I can't say for sure.  There aren't too many U.S. stations in
the
Mountain time zone anyway, and I can't find one that comes anywhere close
to matching KTOA.

Now, if you had said 1460, I could have found KDMA, KDMI and KDWI. None
of them are Mountain time, but they're a little closer to KTOA!