Re: [HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-75

Re: [HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-75

Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]
> ** MACAU [non]. Dear friend:
>          Following Hong Kong's smooth return to China, Macao is
now
> attracting worldwide attention. At midnight on 20th December,
1999,
> China will resume its exercise of sovereignty over Macao. China
Radio
> International will broadcast the ceremony live. We hope you will
tune
> in.
>          CRI's live broadcasting will begin at 15:00 hours on
the
> 19th (UT) and conclude at 12:30 on the 20th.  It will include
the
> return ceremony (15:00-16:30 UT on 19th December) and the
swearing in
> of Ho Hau-wah as the Macao SAR's first Chief Executive
(17:30-18:30
> UT on 19th). He will establish the first government of the Macao
> Special Administration Region.
>          Please send us your comments. We are looking forward to
> receiving your e-mail on the 21th December. With best regards,
> Sincerely yours (Ying Lian, CRI, Dec 16 via George J. Poppin)
>
> Macao in Chinese is Aomen [ow-mun]. Ying Lian is a collective
> pseudonym of the Letters Section of CRI English section (Daniel
Say,
> swprograms)
>
> Does this mean the special coverage will be in English???? How
about
> the frequencies!!!! At 1500 normally on 7405 to WNAm. At least
they
> are explicit about the UT dates (Hauser)

[snip]

CRI's webpage
http://www.cri.com.cn/english/ncri_special/macao/index.html
contains a table of frequencies to be used in these special
broadcasts. They are as follows:

Europe - 9705 kHz (Region Handover Ceremony and Inauguration of
the Regional Government); 9745 kHz (Celebration Activities in
Macao); 17755 kHz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in Beijing)

South Africa - 9785 kHz (Region Handover Ceremony and Inauguration
of the Regional Government); 11720 kHz (Celebration Activities in
Macao); 11720 kHz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in Beijing)

Asia - 9785 kHz (Region Handover Ceremony and Inauguration of the
Regional Government); 11720 khz (Celebration Activities in Macao);
11720 khz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in Beijing)

Southeast Asia - 9535 kHz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in
Beijing)

South Asia - 11765 kHz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in
Beijing)

North America - 9690 kHz (Inauguration of the Regional
Government); 9690 kHz (Official Reception Gala Celebration in
Beijing)

Hong Kong - 107.1 FM (Region Handover Ceremony and Inauguration of
the Regional Government)

In the webpage http://www.cri.com.cn/portugal/99macau/ are the
times and frequencies of CRI's special broadcasts in Portuguese.
They are as follows:

>From 23:00 hours of December 19 to 2:35 hours of December 20
(Beijing time, which is UTC+8, I suppose), on 9515 kHz to Portugal
and on 900 KHz to the region of Macao, the region handover
ceremony and inauguration of the regional government;

>From 9:50 to 12:00 hours (Beijing time), on 6165 kHz to Portugal
and on 900 KHz to the region of Macao, the comemorating ceremony
of return of Macao to China and celebrations of the foundation of
the Special Administrative Region of Macao.

These transmissions will also be available on the Internet at the
given times, on the following address: http://www.cri.com.cn .

As to RDP International - Radio Portugal, nothing could I find
about any special broadcasts of the event. Included in its normal
transmissions, RDP has aired some special programmes, directly
from the studios of Radio Macau, in the territory.

Best 73

Fernando de Sousa Ribeiro
Oporto, Portugal