Re: [HCDX]: Kiribati; DXpedition Loggings

At 08:24 AM 12/28/1999 -0800, Guy Atkins wrote:

>Enzio, Don Nelson and I heard a faint hetrodyne (het) on 9810 on Dec. 18th
>and 19th during a DXpedition to the Washington State coast. I never could
>pull any audio out of the signal, even with a 1000-foot Beverage aimed at
>the South Pacific.

I've been keeping an eye on 9810 as well, and not a trace of anything for
over a year now.  Kiribati was a relatively easy catch on the west coast,
with often good signals during our evenings.  A few months back, they were
reported back on by someone in Europe, I believe, but when I checked, all I
heard was the BBC in Arabic.  The transmitter is very unique, and is
difficult to miss when it's on.  They had a technical problem which was to
have been fixed a while back, but so far, nothing.  Perhaps someone closer
can contact them and find out what's going on.

Walter R. Salmaniw, MD             email:  salmaniw@xxxxxxxx
Victoria, British Columbia    DXING FROM CANADA'S WEST COAST, using
CANADA                        premier radio receivers:  Collins HF2050,
(250) 592-1033                Collins R390A,ITT Mackay 3031A,
                              Racal RA.117, JRC NRD 535D, and
                              Kenwood R5000.