[HCDX]: Loggings from Victoria, BC, Canada

[HCDX]: Loggings from Victoria, BC, Canada

MONGOLIA  9720  Great signal of the Voice of Mongolia's English broadcast
to Europe with mailbag program at 2018 today.  Had to use LSB, since there
was a het from 9720.3.  Tried their parallel of 12085, but all I could hear
was another station, I believe, on 12085.26.
(Salmaniw, 28 Dec).

USA  9339.97  WBCQ #2 on the air testing with continous, mostly rock music
and no announcements until sign-off at about 2100.  Signal varied from very
weak to quite good, so not sure if they were manipulating transmitter power
or antennae, or what.  Judging from signal strength, I would guess they
were using a maximum of 10 Kw, if not much less.
(Salmaniw, 28 Dec)

ARMENIA  9965  Voice of Armenia in English, over a much weaker cochannel
station at 2123, with only fair reception today  (Salmaniw, 28 Dec).

EGYPT  9990  Why, oh why, can't Radio Cairo's North American service sound
as good as their Euro service in English at 2125.  Good reception,
excellent modulation, easy listening music.  (Salmaniw, 28 Dec).

Happy New year to you all!!!.............Walt.

Walter R. Salmaniw, MD             email:  salmaniw@xxxxxxxx
Victoria, British Columbia    DXING FROM CANADA'S WEST COAST, using
CANADA                        premier radio receivers:  Collins HF2050,
(250) 592-1033                Collins R390A,ITT Mackay 3031A,
                              Racal RA.117, JRC NRD 535D, and
                              Kenwood R5000.