[HCDX] A Car Talk Puzzler for a Shortwave Radio

[HCDX] A Car Talk Puzzler for a Shortwave Radio

I have a Sony ICF SW-100 that is eating batteries.  I
put in a freshly  tested pair and they were burned out
in two days and I never turned the radio on except to
test the batteries for under a minute.  I double
checked to make sure the radio was switched off the
volume at the lowest level.  I looked for the darkest
area to check,  maybe the radio light had hung, but
there is no sign of a light.
BTW i tried this with three sets of NiCad,NicMetalHy
and Alklines.  Same result.

Any one have any ideas???

Larry