[HCDX] Grundig Satellit 800

At www.rnw.nl/realradio/satellit800.html Thomas R. Sundstrom reviews the new
Grundig Satellit 800.

We also did some testing with one of the few 800´s that have reached Europe
so far (Grundig Germany is not involved in the development of this radio and
cannot provide a sample or even information). And in most cases I am sorry to
say that I have to confirm Tom´s (negative) findings. The biggest problems
are noise seemingly coming from the display and by far too many images spread
all over the dial. Using an external selective antenna instead of the
built-in antennas more or less solved the latter problem. It also improved
reception on long and medium wave quite a bit (the radio tested here was
quite deaf when using the internal ferrite rod antenna for these bands).

It´s a pity, because otherwise the radio is quite sensitive and offers a
splendid sound quality. Hopefully the manufacturer will soon find a way to
solve the problems found. May be it´s >>just<< a matter of quality control.

vy73
Harald