Re: [HCDX] MP3 Recorders?

At 12:13 24/07/00 -0400, Mark J. Fine wrote :
>With all the discussion about DATs and MiniDiscs, was wondering if anyone had
>tried using a portable MP3 boxes like Nomad or Reo.  I would think that with
>64Mb flash cards at a voice quality bit rate you could feasibly get between
>128 to 256 minutes recording time per card.  You should also be able to index
>and title the recordings pretty easily too.  Anyone try this yet?
>
>73,
>
>Mark J. Fine / mark.fine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why bother with that kind of gear? The easiest way to record MW or SW
transmissions is the computer itself.

I use RealEncoder 5.1 at its lowest bit-rate and that's just fine.

What's more the low bit-rate acts as a kind of lowpass filter and the audio
is usually much more readible as the original because of that.

I always store the files on the hardrive and the ones I want to keep i
transfer on a CD in Realaudio.

MP3 might do too, but from my experience at low bit rates Realaudio is much
better than MP3.

Olivier Lomax
Paris - France
olom@xxxxxxxx