Re: SV: [HCDX] Sudan News Agency

At 06:01 PM 9/19/2000 +0200, you wrote:
Re SUNA, Sudan News Agency
I received a QSL letter in 1992 for a report on 19463 kHz, signed Awad Abdalla, Chief Engineer.
At that time there were quite a few news agencies on the air with RTTY transmissions, i.e. MENA - Middle East News Agency in Cairo, TANJUG in Yugoslavia, CETEKA in Prague, PETRA in Amman, MAP in Rabat, APS in Algeria, XINHUA in Beijing etc.
I think most are gone now, maybe the one in Pyongyang is still going strong?
Kaj Larsson

Pyongyang is still going strong. Don't have the details in front of me, but Glen Hauser mentioned the times and frequencies some time back, and I had no trouble copying them here on the west coast of north america..............Walt.