From: kale@xxxxxxxx
To: media@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:55:47 -1000
Subject: Web-Only

Hello from Hawaii,

Sad news that Media Network will be Internet only.
I am a RADIO person, not an Internet person.  I may have
three computers, but I am still "radio first"  and always will be.

I would hope that you folks don't forget your "roots" and go ahead
with the plans.  Broadcast Media is what it is all about, not the
Internet.
Or, am I wrong?

It is great to have information on the Internet and I use it all the
time, but I thought it was a supplement and yet now it becomes
the primary source?

Is it actually a budget problem that has caused this abandonment of
the "Real Thing" as it were?

Now perhaps I am a member of a dwindling minority, but as a
long time DXer my radios will continue to be my main source for
information and entertainment as well as DXing. My computers and
satellite equipment are secondary. I have the feeling that there are a
lot more of us out here than you may realize in these days of the
"Information Super Highway!"  I wonder how some poor native in
some poor third world country can even begin to avail himself of the
wonders of cyberspace?  I'll bet his radio is his only modern media
device.  It seems to me that the "haves" are disenfranchising the
"have-nots!"

Long live the "Happy Station" as those were the days!

With sincere Aloha,
73,
Charles (Chuck) Boehnke
Keaau, Hawaii