[HCDX] reflections on 1188 Khz.

I have also noted the new station on 1188 (thanks to your tips!!)
On sept. 24th I noted them at 2130 UTC with popmx and a clear radio
Drina-ID. I also noted them tonight (sept 25th) at 1945 with a
newsreport. On both occasions the signal strength here was amazing.
Very strong!!
I did some comparisons on the MW-band:
the station on 1188 was stronger as Vienna on 1476!!
But Croatia on 1134 AND Slovenia on 918 were just a little stronger as
this station on 1188!! Also 1188 had little more fading in the signal
(just as Karel Honzik reported).
If this really comes from Hungary, which transmitter are they using
and at which power???
Acc. to Herman Boel's excellent MW-list Slovenia has 300Kw on 918 and
Croatia has at least 600 KW on 1134. If the station on 1188 is only
marginal weaker as 918 and 1134 is this really Hungary???
The Bijeljina-story as dropped by Bernd Trutenau seems very likely to
me:
1-If I compare the signal strengths I think it could be
Bijeljina("almost as strong as Croatia and Slovenia", a 150 Kw-tx in
    Hungary should produce a weaker signal!!)

2- Another argument for this theory is that you should remember the
story that the yugoslav staff in Bijeljina was expelled only
     a few weeks ago!! I quote Bernd Trutenau:
     "After expelling the Yugoslav staff from the transmitting center
on 20 August, the equipment (two 500 kW shortwave
     transmitters, acc. to some sources) could have been tuned to
mediumwave, or alternatively a new MW transmitter could
     have been installed"
Why were they expelled??

If you consider the political tense situation in the region it is
understandable that radio Drina and B92 themselves will not be very
open on the exact location of this special tx!!!

Julius Hermans
Netherlands