[HCDX] New Aussie X Bander

Australia's newest X Bander commenced transmission on August 4th from Dalby Queensland . 4DB is running 400 watts on 1629 kHz 24 hours a day with a 'Country Rock' format. P.D. is Geoff Roberts. Address is P O Box 630 Dalby 4405, Qld. Phone number (+61) 0746698555.

1629 kHz is becoming a little congested here in the south east corner of Qld as Brisbane station Radio Italia on 1629 seems to be running more than 400 watts. I have noted its ground wave to be travelling further than others in the area, like Radio 1701, in daylight hours.

Filipino X Bander logged here in Brisbane. Thanks to a tip from Kazeto Unabara in Japan, I have been able to log the Manila station on 1674 kHz at 1030 UTC giving id as DZBF.

Cheers
Chris Martin
Brisbane