[HCDX] CKZN 6160

CANADA 6160. Wonderful reception just now from CKZN in St John's. Rarely heard here due to CKZU, just a few miles away from me. Strong signal with CBC news, assumed to be Vancouver, but went into Hour 3 of CBC overnight!!! Could barely here our local outlet underneath (parallel to 690). Amazing propagation. Went onto SABC from South Africa, and announced the BBC after that. Interestingly within minutes, CKZU began to fade up to maybe 1/3 strength of CKZN. A wonderful DX catch!!! I'll be very interested if this propagation is reproduceable tomorrow night! All this occured from 0703 to 0715 UTC 5 January, 2001. (Salmaniw, Victoria BC).