[HCDX] Tropical Hams. is it a real danger?

[HCDX] Tropical Hams. is it a real danger?

> As you know, amateurs are asking for a small allocation 'near 5 MHz'.
> Amateur stations run low power and, in my opinion, should not consitute a
> threat to an already soon-to-be deserted band. At least, they should
> constitute a less dangerous threat to dxing than DRM. Therefore I was
> astonished to read the following interchange of opinions in the public
> edxc-list:

Well Enrico, I can't really see the point of a soon to be deserted hobby
(Ham Radio) taking up another part of the HF spectrum. The Tropical bands
has for many years been the home of serious Dxers. There are still many
challenges here for DXers and to have SSB and other utilities clutter things
up would be an outrage.

Amateur radio operators already have many designated HF spots. If amateur's
want yet another piece of the lower spectrum then find something outside of
the designated broadcast areas.

How would Ham's like it if broadcasters decided to start transmitting in their
areas?

I'm in favour of fighting for OUR Dx rights.

Dave Onley (Former VK3)
onleydw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx