Vs: [HCDX] SWR Info

----- Original Message -----
To: HCDX
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [HCDX] SWR Info

Great idea to change frequency all the time.  Then you avoid having any listeners - except for a couple of DX'ers

Dear Stig,

Do you really think so?.... Of course you are partly right but there is also an other reality.... We are very low powered station and so we had  try to avoid any kind of interference and we can not really competite with any strong stations on same frequency. So we have checked the situation all the time before (transmissions) trying to have best possible frequencies in use. It is very difficult job and in many cases it leads also to some kind of compromizes... When there is no free frequency left (for example in many cases both 25mb  frequencies and in some ocacions all 48 mb frequencies are ocupied) then we use frequency which is less interferencied and which is otherwise useable (above but still quite near the MUF frequency).

As you probably know there is still times we should have (in use) even lower frequencies (for better propagation) we have in our selection on 48 mb (for our near audience in Finland) during nighttime  but still we are allowed to use the highest of these we have (thats 6170 kHz). And simply because it is the only one being clear that time (-hopefully so anyway!).

This time the main change was that we are using more 6170 kHz during daytime and that's because we should have the best audibility there. Most of our frequencies on 48 mb are free of interference that time but 6170 has the best chances to be heard "loud and clear" also in the middle of the day. Other little changes have been made because these frequencies were clear of interference during last transmission (on September) and also in check afterwards.

So, it is not any meaning to avoid listeners, we love them all! We have totally 5 frequencies and we are working with two of them all the time during our 24 hours broadcast in the first weekend of the month. We wish that every potential listeners can find us then! We have also tried to spread this knowledge by using  internet (our pages http://www.swradio.net , FDXA-page http://www.sdxl.org , my own pages http://personal.inet.fi/koti/alpo.heinonen etc) e-mail (to our posting list members, dx-clubs, individual dxers), Text-TV in Finland page 591 there and DX-Magazines and making articles to newspapers.

So we wish that any dx:er or other potential listener anywhere do know where and when SWR is on the air!
Keep on listening, soon we are Rocking on our 48 and 25 mb frequencies! SWR is there... And hopefully yoa are with us... If so, please contact us, we really like to hear you calling to our LIVE PHONE LINE +358 400 995 559.

73' Alpo

Alpo Heinonen
Rovaniemi, Finland
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/alpo.heinonen/

NRD 525
"A weak voice from the Finnish Arctic Circle"