Re: [HCDX] Re: WRNO World Wide

At 01:47 AM 12/1/2001 -0500, Marie A. Lamb wrote:
They are no longer on shortwave.  Their former owner died, and the
shortwave facility was sold.  However, at this time it is not on the air.
WRNO-FM is still around, but has nothing to do with the people who bought
the shortwave operation, so that is probably why you got no answer.  You
may delete their link from your SWL site.

Hold on now.  They are on the air with a very low power transmitter.  I've heard them as recently as a couple of weeks back, around the frequency of 7354.4 or so, with a variable sign-off of 0200 to 0230.  They now relay a local FM station in New Orleans.  I suspect they are running only a few hundred watts.

.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada.