[HCDX] Re Anker Petersen : possible military coup in Venezuela

[HCDX] Re Anker Petersen : possible military coup in Venezuela

Hi, Anker and others :
about possible unrest in Venezuela, there might be some political one, but  I really
doubt that the military will march.

I have myself heard a long, long speach over 4980 Ecos del Torbes, and it was a
military man - a colonel or something  - who talked about old glories and traditions, and it turned out to be a prelude to an enlistment campaign for the Venezuelan army. I sweet  female voice came on the air and told possible mosquito- and anti-guerilla fighters about the benefits of joining the army. Salaries and so on. The army of Venezuela had a need for personnel. So that was it.

This was last autumn, and I just made a mental note of it. First I thought this was a coup. It was not, so I believe that this was what you heard too, Anker.

I have  monitored a few "golpes de estado" live from Latin American countries, and also from Spain, and the last one was from Quito, Ecuador, when the reporters of  Radio Quito, La Voz de la Capital on 4919 kHz were out in the streets and plazas and reported live. Some political  mess in High Places in Quito. This hullabaloo with excited voices and cars hokning outside the "Palacio de Justicia"  ended in nothing,  but really comical in retrospect. In 1998 I think.

Of course I am not a political analyst, but generally speaking a dedicated  DX-er has a lot more knowledge
than that of an ad-hoc studio reporter, whatever station he or she represents.

So let's stay in that  avant-guard  position,  before the news break !

And Anker, thanks for reminding me.

73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.