[HCDX] Radio Netherlands Madagascar update

[HCDX] Radio Netherlands Madagascar update

The situation in Madagascar means that power restrictions continue to be in
force. A number of Radio Netherlands transmissions have been temporarily
transferred to other transmitter sites. These arrangements will remain in
force until further notice. Details of the changes are on our schedule page
at http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/html/schedule.html

While most of these may be of little interest to members of Hard Core DX, a
couple of things jumped out at me when I was typing them:

We're using Dhabiyya, UAE, in English at 1730-2025 on 7120 kHz beamed to
South and East Africa. On 27 and 28 June only, the transmission opens one
hour later, at 1830 UTC. We've only used Dhabiyya once before, for a few
hours in Dutch last month on election night.

The changes also affect the Democratic Voice of Burma. The transmission at
2330-0030 JUTC on 11715 kHz has been switched to Tashkent.

Andy Sennitt
Radio Netherlands

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!