Re: [HCDX] Poorest audio on SW

Rik van Riel wrote:
>> What do you think about this poll about poorest rececption quality of
>> any radio station on SW. My choice will be R CAIRO on 17675,07 kHz in
>> Arabic. Very distorted audio!
>Most of the power seems to go into a (slightly distorted)
>50 Hz hummmm......
>I wonder if Radio Cairo has any listeners outside of the
>studio.

R San Miguel 4926 is a bit distorted too, but one can actually
understand what they are saying.  The gold medal will be
awarded to R Damascus on 12085. I needed four earpieces
in order to really just *hear* what they are saying. The most
undermodulated signal you have never heard. The signal itself
is strong as you could suppose from "international broadcaster".

Jari Lehtinen
Lahti, Finland

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!