[HCDX] Radio Netherlands: Fires r Us

During the night on Friday/Saturday, an electrical fault caused a fire
inside transmitter no. 4 at Flevo. If you're interested to see some photos
of this unplanned barbecue, go to
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/html/flevo020708.html. Pictures were taken by my
colleague Rocus de Joode on Saturday afternoon.

The transmitter is expected to be off for a week or so, while it's cleaned
and replacement parts are fitted. Meanwhile we're using the reserve 100 kW
transmitter, so Flevo is still broadcasting a full schedule, albeit with
reduced power on some frequencies.

Meanwhile, our Madagascar relay station is resuming an almost full service
tomorrow, 9th July, following the recent departure of former president
Didier Ratsiraka to exile in France, and a consequent easing of the tension
there.

Andy Sennitt
Radio Netherlands

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!