[HCDX] EWE Nulls

--- Begin Message ---
Hi everyone,

After months of not having any decent rain. It has been one dry Summer!!
We have a bit of heavy drizzle and things got a bit wet. The resistance
of my EWEs changed a bit. I wondered why the nulls did not seem as good
last night. Well my control was off a bit. I repeaked it today and wow
are the nulls  are sure improved with even a bit or water in the ground.
Here are the results on gw during the day.

FREQ   STATION          BEV         EWE
570       KVI-Seattle        S9+7       S21/2
620       KTLK-Portland   S9+15     S61/2
710       KIRO-Seattle     S9+14     S51/2
750       KXL-Portland     S9+20     S7
770       KNWX-Seattle   S9+12     S61/2
800       KPDQ-Portland  S9+5      S21/2
820       KGNW-Seattle   S9+5      S41/2Q
910       KKFX-Portland   S9+18    S5
950       KJR-Seattle       S9+8      S2
1000     KOMO-Seattle   S9          S41/2
1080     KOTK-Portland   S9+16    S81/2
1190     KEX-Portland     S9+12     S8
1520     KKSN-Portland   S9+10     S81/2

The 1500' beverage is aimed East at about 75 degrees. The EWE  is
directional to the WSW.
You will notice the difference in signal between the two antennas are
quite dramatic below 1000 khz, but above 1000 khz the nulls aren't quite
as sharp.
Without the termination adjusted right, the Portland/Seattle stations
are within a couple DB of the beverage. So raising the Western leg of
the EWE , the water in the ground, and repeaking the control,  has made
quite a difference.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager