[HCDX] Logs from the evening of Dec. 29

Hello !

Bogdan Chiochiu
DX'ing from Montreal (), Quebec, Canada
Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 with ferrite bar antenna.

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,    Radio Vision Cristiana  DEC 30 0442 - Man in
Spanish; good to fair, noted in passing (Chiochiu-QC)
640 VENEZUELA,   YVQO Unión Radio, Puerto La Cruz, Anzoàtegui  DEC 30 0445 -
Nx with a serious and relativly furious man speaching (Chavez ?). Poor to
fair, mixing with Guadeloupe. Trace of a third station way under, presumably
WNNZ (in Westfield, Massachusets). (Chiochiu-QC)

Not much, conditions were very poor, and even the RCN outlet on 760 wich
recently returned back to higher-power was audible only as a sub-audible
het. I didn't do much DX'ing primarily because of the poor conditions wich
were poor to either domestic and Pan-American (LAm) DX'ing. For that reason
in the first part of the evening, I profited to burn a CD of old-school
freestyle music (I like this music very much, even though I'm only 15; it
has looots of Latin American influences, most of the singers are either
Puerto Rican or Cuban english-speaking Americans who put a mix of
break-dancing, Latin rythms (salsa, merengue, cumbia mostly), disco and on
very rare occasions even some rap and played a kind of funky-beat music in
the mid-80's. The best artists are Exposé, Nu Shooz and The Cover Girls.

Back to DX'ing, I found Radio Mauritanie on 4845 kHz just about every late
afternoon. They are especially strong around 6 PM; I hope that if solar
activity decreases, even a little bit, I will be able to hear my first TA,
by tuning to 783 kHz on my Sanyo and trying to // it with 4845 (on the
Realistic DX-351; on the Sangean ATS-606A I barely hear them and they are
the only tropical station, I can listen to; even WWCR isn't coming very
well; I guess this receiver was meant for SWLing to the major international
broadcasters, not the smaller international broadcasters, the domestic
tropical band broadcasters, the pirate radios or any shortwave DX'ing
purposes; I find the reception VERY enhanced by connected the wire I
installed outside to the telescopic antenna. So much enhanced, that it picks
up looots of images below 11.5 MHz, I get some overloading and mixing
products with the multi-band pocket Realistic, but nowhere as high as on the
Sangean; I have picked up two new ZYs on 60MB that I never thought I will
ever hear, the new wire really works out, is more my receivers that are not
up to the job).

I will try now to see if I can get the Romanian service of the BBC on SW; it
will be really nice to hear them, since they beam to eastern Europe mostly,
it will be a true DX catche. Their programs starts when it's 1400 (Eastern
standard Time), so 1900 UTC.

That's it for now !,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom