[HCDX] Re CRI using Brazil.

Well according to the HFCC, for what it's worth, CRI do indeed use Brazil as
a relay:

CRI  0100 0200 1234567 14,16 9665 250 BRA B 300303 261003 D RTC
CRI  0300 0400 1234567 10-12 9665 250 BRA B 300303 261003 D RTC

As you can see this information is supposed to be 'in date' and supposedly
correct. Getting detailed information from CRI regarding sites and relays is
not that easy. According to HFCC, CRI uses transmitting facilities in the
following countries:

China, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Spain (1 transmission from 0200-0400 on 9690),
France (ISS), French Guiana, Mali and Russia.

I hope this clears up where the confusion is coming from.

73 Sean

                                                    Regards,
                                           Sean D. Gilbert

                                    Editor: Shortwave Guide
                       International Broadcasting Editor: WRTH
    World Radio Tv Handbook - THE Directory of International Broadcasting
                Email:- wrth.skeds@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Web:- www.wrth.com

                                      Fax +44 (0) 709 2332287
                            Mobile/Cellphone +44 (0) 778 6100321
---------------------------------
              THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED FOR VIRUSES BY
                                      NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2002

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 23:44:22 +0000
> From: "Glenn Hau-ser" <ghauser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [HCDX] Re: CRI Question
> To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Such as?
>
> Using usual search techniques, I don`t find any mention of Brasil relaying
> China, not even the previously known 9665 in Spanish at 0100 and 0300.
>
> Glenn Hauser

Sorry for the apparent problem I have caused in asking this question. The
basis
of my question is from a confusing comment on page 481 of the 2003 WRTH and
quote:
 in reference to China Radio International, "Relayed via: CRI Exchanges
transmitting facilities with R. Canada Int, R. France Int, R. Exterior de
Espana
and V.O.Russia, also relay facilities in Brazil, Cuba and Mali."

I can only assume the RFI facilities means France and/or French Guiana.
Cuba, OK
there are a good number of transmissions from there to the US. Mali is to
Asia.
So that leaves the "Brazil" relay.

Maybe I should direct a query to CRI themselves and see if this is a WRTH
typo
or if they really have something down there.

Bob Combs
New Mexico, USA