[HCDX] Summer DX logbook 3

-3200 2027 TWR Manzini, Swaziland with strong signal June 15 in EE.
-3230 2032 Family R-WYFR, Meyerton with ID: "You´re listening to Family R, the Sound of new Life". Good June 15.
-3255 2030 BBC, WS via Meyerton. Very strong.
-3288 RTV Malagasy // 5010 kHz around 18 UTC
-3320 2037 R Sondergrense, Meyerton in Afrikaans with the strongest signal from Africa in the 90 mb. Heard all night long.
-3326 2040 R Nigeria, Lagos with very muffy audio and quite poor reception. No positive ID. Is this also coming from Ikorodu FS-tx? June 15.

-4760 2125 LIBERIA: Must be ELWA, Monrovia. Country music came a lot louder than announcer´s stories. I can´t recall the previous time I´ve heard this station! Really nice surprise, indeed. June 15 in Kesalahti, North Karelia.

-3390 2040 BBC via Meyerton in Portuguese?

GHANA: R Ghana, heard here on 4915 kHz 21 UTC earlier and even later. Constant "Radio Ghana"-IDs. No sign of reported Kenya here. R Ghana is really back in the 60 mb and it´s the dominant station on 4915 kHz, no doubt of that. Heard every night in Kesalahti, N. Karelia.

Maybe I skipped some more usual stations. Here´s some more loggings from Africa:

NIGERIA: R Nigeria, Kaduna always with very good reception on 4770 kHz 2130 UTC. This is not an easy case by any means in an urban environment like Turku, but easily heard in noise free QTH like Kesalahti, North Karelia. Really strong signal, one of the strongest from Africa.

BURKINA FASO: I checked my logbook, really heard RADIO BURKINA only once June 17 with SIO 343. Readable reception, but really heard only once. Does they broadcast on regular basis?

ETHIOPIA: R Fana meaning "torch" heard on 6210 kHz in parallel with 6940 kHz 1920 UTC. My dream was to hear R KAHUZI from Congo DR on 6210 kHz I failed. Has somebody ever heard R Kahuzi?!

That´s all about this time. Same procedure maybe next summer?!

73´s
Jouko Huuskonen
Turku FINLAND