Re: [HCDX] NOAA SEC $$$ Funding

Someone Said:
That's a nice thought... but false.  NOAA is not the only reporting
agency. Other agencies, in other countries are reporting these events.

Thomas KN4LF Says:
Basically most all global governmental organizations, educational
institutions as well as for profit entities get their "raw" data from the
NOAA SEC/USAF, provided for free at U.S. taxpayer expense. If the NOAA SEC
shut's down we are all in trouble.

Same thing happens here in the U.S. with raw troposphere weather data.
NOAA/NWS collects and produces all the raw data and then private non and for
profit educational institutions and weather forecasting businesses use the
raw data for free.

I have this disclaimer on all of my propagation websites:

Note! I use "RAW" public domain data from the NOAA Space Environment Center,
as well as other U.S. Government organizations, to produce my "not for
profit" propagation forecast outlooks. This data is gathered and made public
by the U.S. Government using taxpayer $$$. However the forecast outlooks
that I produce from the "RAW" public domain data, is my personal
intellectual property. Therefore the propagation outlooks contained herein
is copyrighted © 1988-2003 by Thomas F. Giella, all rights reserved.
Reproduction of information herein is allowed as long as proper credit is
given.

Space weather forecasting is still an inexact science. The discussions,
forecasts and outlooks are not official but for educational purposes only
and are subject to human error and acts of God, therefore no guarantee or
warranty implied

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.