[HCDX] Re: 49 mb Africans on 29 Oct

Zimbabwe on 5975 seems to id "Radio Zimbabwe" now. Heard on 30 Oct
at 1810 in local language with this id.

Conditions improved 30 Oct a bit, 60 mb offered the usual AIR stations
and some Afros, but rather weak signals. Only 4800 R Lesotho was
strong around 1745, usually during normal conditions it is weak here.

49 mb offered the same African stations as on 29 Oct but now mixed
with weakish and fluttery European/Middle East stations.

R Pakistan was heard on 6226.7 in Arabic at 1848, s/off at 1900.

Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

-------
On 29 Oct 2003 I wrote:
-------

>On 29 Oct 1630-1930 UT I did some bandscanning looking for Africans.
>90/60 mb was real poor and 41 mb was not good either. But 49 mb gave
>some nice stations when the Europeans were gradually disappearing.
>The African stations popped up at times with nice signal levels without
>any interfering stations. By 1930 all sw bands were mostly dead.
>Here some of the stations I logged:
>
>ZIMBABWE 5975 ZBC at 1640. Had a Top 10 countdown, not sure if the
>DJ spoke English, at least he gave time checks and countdown numbers
>in English. Not sure either if this is still National FM or some other
>program. Disappeared after some 10 minutes of listening.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.