Re: [HCDX] Radio Cook Islands (shortwave)

Re: [HCDX] Radio Cook Islands (shortwave)

Kia Orana Niki,

welcome  to  Hardcore  DX!  Nice  to  hear from someone from beautiful
Aitutaki.  I  had a chance to visit your island in 1995 and to do some
limited dxing there. There weren't too many stations to be heard on SW
(neither  RCI  nor  Tonga  were  on  the air) but on MW I logged Niue,
Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Tuvalu, Tahiti and of course the Cooks. Hope to be
back some day with decent equipment for some real hardcore dxing!

I  guess  your lodge did not exist back then (I stayed at the Aitutaki
Lodge).

> Maybe you're wondering why I was so interested in this station.  Well, I live in the Cook Islands, Aitutaki to be specific, and the history of radio in the Cook Islands interests me.  That's why
> after reading the transcript of Wavescan 272, March 12, 2000 about RCI, I thought this station would be worth checking out.
> Again, thanks for the info!

73,

Enzio Gehrig
Denia /Spain (38.50N-000.07E)
NRD535D/IC-R8500/IC-R75/R5000
Dipole/ALA1530/RF Systems MTA

mailto:spain-dx@xxxxxxxx

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.