[HCDX] Rebelde is on 530 kHz

Feel free to share with anyone I missed...

In checking the reports of Radio Martí on 530, I found that the Cuban's have
apparently already responded: I have been hearing Radio Rebelde since 11:30
a.m.+ EDT (GMT 1530+, August 22) and continuing at recheck as I type at 3
p.m.+ (GMT 1900+) on 530 kHz (using the NRD-535 and longwires).  It is NOT
parallel to 1180 kHz, et. al.  Taped?  Or could it be the
sometimes-breakaway Rebelde FM programming?  Sports or some such, the usual
Rebelde nine flute note sounders occasionally, mentions of Rebelde, though
on a couple of top-of-hour checks, no formal ID meshing as is the case with
the Rebelde network normally.  Also, no relay of "Noticiero Nacional de la
Radio" at 1-1:30 p.m. on 530 (but it was relayed on 1180, et. al. as usual).
Fair at best but steady and alone.  So, I called Gerry Bishop in Niceville,
Florida (the panhandle) around 2:30 p.m. to see if he could hear this.
Indeed, he's getting a weak signal with some audio, which would confirm this
is from the western half of the island.  Well, at least we know why it's
here.  Or could it be an airborne EC-130 playing games with the ICRT (if so,
can't you just see them scrambling on the phones to various transmitter site
engineers, saying "Hey, El Gordo hasn't given the OK to fire up here yet, if
it's you then STOP IT!").  Not really related to the Rebelde on 530, but
just worth mentioning that Radio Visión Cristiana from the Turks & Caicos
barely puts in a weak het local daytime at my QTH in coastal central western
Florida, and threshold audio at Ft. DeSoto daytime.  Of course, none of this
right now is parallel Martí on 13,820 kHz.

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, Florida
USA
27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.