[HCDX] Guatemalan stations via military satelite

At the DX camp in the southwest part of the Czech Republic (middle Europe) when no other
interesting stations were in sight, I tried the satelite band around 260 MHz and (as
expected) found interesting radio stations that were incidentaly relayed via military
FleetSatCom satelites.

The strongest were 3 stations from Guatemala:

261.400 MHz  Radio Nueva Creacion 94.9 (more info on this station?)

261.800 MHz  Radio Fraternidad 99.1, Quetzaltenango; "La frecuencia corecta de su emisora
catolica"

268.350 MHz  Radio Kirios (sounding like that); correct name? From their announcements:
Cadena Radial Kirios..... Grupo Radial Kirios ..... Informativo Catolico Kirios ...... FM
Kirios ...... 104.5.... 106.5..... 107.7 para la capital.... EWTN .....

This interesting retransmission occurs when the studio-transmitter link is "catched"
incidentaly by a satelite input and then sent back to the air on its downlink frequencies
in FM mode. This way I have already heard MW stations from Colombia, FM stations from
Phillippines, CB stations from Brazil etc. Usually a number of other stations audible on
these frequencies are very weak to be identified.

I would be delighted if anybody could send me more info on these stations (esp. on Nueva
Creacion and Kirios). Nothing found on internet after one hour of trying....

Thanks....... GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik, Sumava Mountains DX Camp, Czechia
ICOM IC-R8500
ant: double discone + amplifier

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.