[HCDX] URUGUAY time to change UTC-3 to UTC-2, effective Sept. 19, 0300.

URUGUAY. Country time will change from UTC-3 to UTC-2 from 0300 Sun
Sept. 19, in benefit of power saving. This measure hadn't been
taken for several years, but energy crisis has forced the government
to take this decision.

The decree hasn't been signed as of today. The normal UTC will come
back probably at the end of the summer, March, so should it would
span all the spring and summer.

Restaurant owners, mainly in Punta del Este, the main seaside resort,
are protesting since they will lose clients.

When I have the change back date I will inform.

This Daylight Saving Time is a extraordinary measure. It
doesn't mean that next year we will have DST again. It
all depends on the price of petrol and local rains.(Nigro, Uruguay,
Sept. 13)

Horacio A. Nigro
Montevideo - Uruguay
E-mail: <hanigro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
alternate: <hanigro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           <hanigro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
PalTalk: HANURG
DX-ismo/DXing
Historia de la Radio/Radio History
Filatelia de Radio/Radio Philately
Restaurador de Arte y Antigüedades/Art & Antiques Restoration
Visite/Visit:
Radio Filatelia:
http://members.tripod.com/~hanigro/radiofil/rarmenia.html (Español)
http://members.tripod.com/~hanigro/radiofil/sodre70.html (Español)
http://members.tripod.com/~hanigro/radiofil/sodre70e.html (English)
http://members.tripod.com/~hanigro/Carve.htm

DX:
http://members.tripod.com/~hanigro/DM/Dario.htm
Webmaster:
Museo Viviente de la Radio y las Comunicaciones "Gral. Artigas"
http://angelfire.com/retro/cx8cc/museo.htm
http://cx8cc.cjb.net
Nigro, Restaurador de Arte:
www.hnigro.cjb.net

                     NUEVO SERVICIO
      ADSL a 256K desde $ 690 por mes iva inc. !!!
Promocion especial: hasta el 31/10 sin tasa de conexion
    Ahora podes andar volando sin usar el telefono !
     y con el mejor servicio Antivirus y Antispam
http://www.internet.com.uy - En Uruguay somos internet

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.