[HCDX] Re: 11690

Hi,

> Thanks, Martin!  This is an important point.  The signal to me seems just
> too strong to be little Okapi, and yet
> others have been hearing it with good strength, and I received a wav file
> from Europe at the same time with
> excellent reception, and definitely Okapi (IDs heard), so who knows?  Maybe
> a stronger relay?....Walt.

I never understood, why Okapi was such a tough nut to crack here. The
path Congo-Europe is an easy one, and new 10 kW transmitters from
Kinshasa on a clear frequency like 11690 should be audible with a wet
shoestring as an antenna. Even with Okapi beaming to the East and not
to Europe.

I had to listen for more than two hours for an extremely thin signal
just above audiothreshold, until I had enough details for a report.

--
73 Martin    http://home.wolfsburg.de/elbe/