[HCDX] Help to Radio Shabelle

DX-friends,
As a reply to an e-mailed listener's report to Radio Shabelle in Mogadishu, I received a phone call and the following e-mail. Obviously, they need help with equipment and technical advise. Since I cannot provide either, I forward their e-mail to all of you, hoping that somebody might be of assistance.
Best regards and 73,
Ulf

As you know we are based in Mogadishu, the capital city of Somalia, we
are a media network called Shabelle Media Network.

We work on F.M and SW, our SW transmitter is 1,000 watt. It is Yeasu it
is made in Japan.

Professor, since you have been experiencing in this field we want you to
help us with anything we can improve signal better than how it is now,
let it be a technical advice or equipments.

We have a great problem in knowing more about Radio technology because
we are confined in a devastated country, our Somali passports are not
valid in the world so that we can't travel so much.

Hence, we want you to establish any communication between us and Radio
stations in Finland, it is possible that Radio or TV Stations in
Finland may change old equipments which are outdated compared with the
new digital equipments which are now emerging in the world.

In fact, we are so glad with communication we have made with you and we
hope that you will help us in many ways; we can improve our standard of
signal.

We wish you and your family all the best.

We look forward your urgent reply,

Thank you.

Cheers,

By: Abdi Maalik Yusuf Mohamud, Chairman of Shabelle Media Network.

Ulf Palmenfelt
Prefekt Inst. för kultur och samhälle
Professor i etnologi
Högskolan på Gotland