[HCDX] needed help for Mexican MW DX

Hello !

I ended up the DX session shortly before 8 AM, then went to bed until nearly 11 AM. The assumed KNX signal didn't come-back for a positive ID and both CBA and CHOK were weaker when I went back to DX around 6:20 AM. I got WLLH on 1400 often very strongly and sometimes all alone with "El Ritmo" program of Reagge-ton and salsa music, as the only interesting catche.

Just before, I went back to the DX, I checked up the Net and found out that Barry McLarnon in Ottawa had Tropicana 540 a few weeks ago during an Auroral evening. I'm so jealus ! I'm really obsessed by his catche. And I always thought Radio Tropicana on 540 is the best bet for Ecuador in eastern North America. I was right. I'm so sad I didn't had the idea on November 18 when he got it, to put the radio high enough to escape from the noise like I did since a few days ago. I'd really wanted to get it. On the other hand, I had taped an unID Latin on 760 kHz back in November 2002 with a very weak signal that did last only around 2 minutes and wich even though I didn't IDed, must have been a South American not from Venezuela or Colombia; I'm happy I taped such an exotic station and that my Sanyo MCD-S830 is capable of hunting such weak AM aignals with just the ferrite bar antenna. Of course, the most important of all is to be in the right place at the right time. Henrik Klemetz and José Elias Diaz tried to help me, but couldn't narrow down the station. At that time RCN Barranquilla, wich used to be a pest was running lower power and wasn't present at all that evening. By the way I haven't IDed RCN on 760 at all this season. I wasn't very active, but they were supposed to have a decent signal even in not-so-good-conditions.

Well, let's get now to the main purpose of this e-mail: what are the best bets for hearing Mexican stations in Montreal, other than XEWA-540 and XEW-900 wich I used to get from time to time ? We have a new local station on 1570 since about an year, so XERF wich was recently reported on several occasions in eastern North America becomes impossible for me. By the way 1570 is so close to me, it even splash into 1540 WPTR wich is virtually local-like here in Pierrefonds-Est; their tx is in Chomédy, Laval, a few kilometers north of me. So are XEX-730 and XEQ-940 and a few others wich share their frequencies with local pests such as CKAC. What other channels should I try ? What XEs are good beats, even in non-auroral condx like we have right now ?

Thank you very much for help !
73, good DX and Happy New Year,
Bogdan in Pierrefonds - Est (Montreal's West Island), QC ---[Start Commercial]---------------------