[HCDX] the DX last night

Hello to all of you !

There were auroral conditions last night here in Montreal. The evening started relatively well. At 5:53 PM EDT (2253 UTC) for 2 or 3 seconds, I had salsa music on 1110 kHz mixing with WBT and an unID country domestic, probably Radio Carupano (YVQT). Also, I got Cuba-600 (// 5025 wich peaked to local-like on 2 occasions, on my Sangean 818 with the 20 meters random wire !. The first time Rebelde-5025 was local-like for about 3 seconds, then faded down IMMEDIATLY to poor; this extremely rapid fading is certainly a sign of solar disturbance) and Turks and Caicos-530. However after 7:30 PM EDT (1930 EDT, 0030 UTC) a huge amount of powerline noises appeared and maked difficult to listen even semi-local WVMT-620 out of Burlington, VT wich is excellent here. Only the urban quality signals weren't subject to the powerline QRM, of course. This noise was audible even in the higher place I could place my Sanyo radio. On 600, only Cuba was audible, not WICC or CKAT !

On SW, the high-latitude signals weren't good at all either. On 6030, the Cuban bubble jammer was way over the Delano, NC transmitter of Radio Marti. Also, I tentatively got La Voz de tu Conciencia on 6010 out of Colombia.

I can't wait to DX tonight, to see if I can pick up any new Venezuelan or maybe a South American from outside Venezuela and Colombia.

Bogdan