[HCDX] Loggings from Victoria, B.C.

Conditions appear to be gradually improving, so here is a selection of what
I've been hearing over the past two days:

CHINA 5060, 0143-, Xinjiang PBS Jan 29 I was wondering who was wedged
between the 2 powerfull American stations of 5050 and 5070.  It's Xinjiang,
China, and it's sunrise there now.  Parallel to stronger 7310 with weak
talk by a male.  Can't make much else out, except that it is in //.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

UNIDENTIFIED 5960, 0149-, Unidentified Jan 29 Which religious broadcaster
is here?  Not listed on my ILG database.  English preaching until 1 1/2
minutes to the hour and then off.  NHK came on in Japanese at the top of
the hour at a much stronger strength from Sackville.  Strange, I would have
expected an ID at the end of the program. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

TAJIKISTAN 4635, 0202-, Radio Dushanbe Jan 29 Weak but readable level with
a YL speaking.  Sunrise now in Dushanbe.  Again nothing discernable but
nice to monitor nonetheless. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

EGYPT 7260, 0218-, Radio Cairo Jan 29 Not a good choice of frequencies as
Cairo in English is co-channel with presumed Moscow Golos Rossii with EZL
music.  Both are not particularly strong. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

SOUTH AFRICA 7390, 0257-, Channel Africa Jan 29 ID's in English as 'You are
tuned to the English service of Channel Africa', with their lovely IS.  S9
signal.  Cochannel weakly heard, and apparently VOR in SS, as their IS was
heard at 02:59 as well (from Samara). (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

UK 6005, 0301-, Wales Radio International Jan 29 What a mess on this
frequency, as it's dominated by the BBCWS from Ascension, but another
English station, presumed Wales R Int'l via Rampisham, UK is also almost as
strong.  No winners here. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

MEXICO 6184.94, 0505-, Radio Educacion Jan 30 Not a whole lot to hear
tonight with pretty poor reception conditions.  S7 signals with a male
speaking in Spanish.  Not terribly exciting programming.  A presumed
logging.  Some traditional Mexican vocals at 05:08. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

PERU 6020.26, 0526-, Radio Victoria Jan 30 Very consistently amongst the
strongest Latin American stations heard here.  About an S5, but sounding
much stronger, with punchy audio.  Spanish language sermon.  Very nice on
my new Icom 756 ProII (an amazingly good NR circuitry). No ID at half past
the hour.  Sounds very much like a TV feed.   Feed cut out about a minute
later with soft music and apparent IDs (audio was a little muffled), then
into EZL Spanish Christian music. ID for the program Voz de la Liberacion
(excuse my Spanish!) at 05:39. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

ERITREA 7100, 1607-, Voice of the Broad Masses of Eritrea Jan 30 Quite
decent signals with Horn of Africa music and male speaker in presumed
Tigre.  Best on USB to avoid slow CW on LSB. Frequency may be a bit
unstable.  Seems to have started just above 7100 and later just a few Hz
below.  Difficult to say with all the hash.  7180 (weaker) does not seem to
be in parallel even though listed as same station, but in Afar rather than
Tigre (or is that Tigrinya?).  Similar programming style, though.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

GERMANY 9820, 1642-, Voice of Ethiopian Medhin (via Juelich) Jan 30 Very
unusual music with a female vocalist.  Jazzy, but with a Horn of Africa
bent, in presumed Amharic.  Very good reception this morning.  About time
that the sun cooperates! Program cut at 16:59 (carrier was briefly
off).  At 17:00 IS and ID for Voice of Oromo Liberation by a male
interspersed with very nice Horn of Africa music.  Followed by a woman who
was a bit harder for me to follow. Presumed Oromo. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)