[HCDX] Henrik Klemetz´s "theory"

Here is some background information to Björn Malm´s report labeled
?Recording of Bolivian station, Escoma,

Provincia Camacho, La Paz (Bolivia) 1540.19 kHz?

Radio Sariri could be the Bolivian offset on 1540

On Björn Malm´s clip #2 there is part of a network ID (towards

the

end, female speaker). All stations mentioned are Erbol affiliates.

Erbol has two satellite fed nets, Red Quechua and Red Aymara. Radio

Don Bosco, which is mentioned on the clip, is affiliated to both,

Radio Domingo Savio, also mentioned, only to the Quechua net, but then

there are mentions of Radio Samiri, Ondas del Titicaca and Radio

Copacabana, which are all on the Aymara net. Radio Sariri is listed in

WRTH 2005 on 1540.

So try again at 0945 or slightly before, Björn. At that time the

program

Qhamasa is supposed to start. I don´t believe Bolivia will

propagate

in the evening hours. We will keep our fingers crossed.

See more info, including frequency info, which appears to be in order,

at http://www.fdta-valles.org/Pages/Radios.html

Henrik Klemetz

(mwoffsets yahoogroups, April 26, 2005)

----------------------------

The Titicaca incidence

Martti Karimies reported the 1540.18 offset on Apr 18 and a few days

later he reported a unid Peruvian on 1590, which I have tentatively

identified as Radio Huaynarroque.

The latter is believed to be located in Juliaca, Peru and now it

dawns on me that the 1540.18 offset could be located at Escoma,

Bolivia, which is exactly on the opposite shore of the Titicaca lake!

Last year, on Apr 21, Björn Olsson logged an unid Peruvian on

1590,

which must have been the Juliaca station (at least his audio clip

contains several ads for Juliaca and Puno). The same morning he was

logging the Radio Caranavi, Bolivia, on 1550, with a good signal.

Caranavi is at the same latitude as Juliaca and Escoma, only a bit

farther inland.