Re: [HCDX] 16 mb bandscan 1245-1305

Sorry for a typo. As you can see it was 13 meter bandscan, not 16 mb.

73´s de Jouko
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jouko Huuskonen
  To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; wghauser@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 5:15 PM
  Subject: 16 mb bandscan 1245-1305

  I know this is not real "hard-core" DX-ing, but it was simply fun to make this quick bandscan of 16 meter band April 29 1245-1305 UTC. There´s once again life in upper bands after long and exhausting dark winter. So I got excited and made these observations. Here´s a list of stations heard:

  -21505 BSKSA Riyadh in Arabic
  -21540 REE Madrid (Noblejas) //21570 kHz
  -21580 RFI Issoudun in French
  -21600 BSKSA Riyadh in Arabic (14 UTC in French)
  -21610 REE Madrid (Noblejas) to the ME // 21540- and 21570 kHz.

  21620 RFI Issoudun in French to Africa with 500 kW of power //21580 kHz.
  -21640 BSKSA 1 Riyadh in Arabic

  -21660 BBC in Mandarin via Nakhon Sawan, Thailand  went off at 13 UTC
  -21675 R Jamahiriya via France // 21695 kHz.
  -21685 RFI Issoudun in French to Africa // 21580- and 21620 kHz.

  -21760 RFI via Meyerton in French with other RFI outlets. This offered the best and strongest signal.

  I enjoyed warm spring weather (+14) in the backyard with my Sony 7600G and a five meter reel antenna. My sources of information were EiBi and Passport.

  Many RFI and REE frequencies and even two frequencies of Libya via France. First blue anemones are flowering and today I saw the first bee. Spring has finally arrived and upper bands are open! Have a happy  First of May!

  73´s
  Jouko Huuskonen
  Turku FINLAND