[HCDX] Logging

Greetings, fellow listees:

A. I am new to the list, having returned to SWLing after a 20 year hiatus.
I don't usually spend any effort on domestic s/w broadcasters, concentrating
instead on (1) European, and (2) Latin American ones.

B. However, I heard a station yesterday afternoon that intrigued me.
I stumbled on it at 1810Z, 1 May 05, on 15385.
A man and a woman were reading in English from, ostensibly, Psalms 109 and
29.
It went like this:
The Man: "The Voice of Yahweh is strong."
Followed by: The Woman: "The Voice of Yahweh is strong."
The Man: "The Voice of Yahweh is powerful."
The Woman: "The Voice of Yahweh is powerful."
The Man: "The Voice of Yahweh is (...choose any word you want...)
Followed by The Woman: etc
And on and on like this for at least twenty minutes.
After five minutes, the thing was repeated.

I listened closely but did not hear an ID. The signal was weak but
intelligible.

At 1835 Z I clearly heard a female vocal "Ave Maria" that sounded like Karen
Carpenter (Oh how I miss that girl).

I had to run an errand at 1900, and got back at 1920, hearing a female duet
on a religious song in Spanish, and still hadn't hadn't heard an ID.

I am consciously trying to avoid "list logging". I knew that Daniel Sampson's
Primetime Shortwave shows KJES in English on that frequency, but still had no
firm information on the weak signal I heard.

Suddenly, at 1930, a very YL boomed out "Kah Jota Eh Esse", at least five
times louder and stronger than anything that preceded it.

C. Equipment: Kenwood R1000 and 80 foot long wire

D. Years ago 15170 was used by a station in Papeete, Tahiti. Programming was
in French and consisted of "island" music, and was always a delight to hear.
Does anyone know if they're still there?

Thanks.

Bill Wildes
Homewood, Alabama