[HCDX] PanAmSat expands coverage to Europe

[HCDX] PanAmSat expands coverage to Europe

PanAmSat expands coverage to Europe:
(21 July 05)

Satellite operator, PanAmSat, and French-based communications company,
Alcatel, have signed an agreement for the acquisition of multiple European
orbital slots and a satellite with a footprint over Europe, the Middle
East, Africa and Asia.
The agreement allows PanAmSat to strengthen its presence in the European
and Middle Eastern marketplaces as well as expand its global reach into key
growth regions.
Chief Executive Officer of PanAmSat, Joe Wright, said: "With the
acquisition of Europe*Star (satellite), we can now provide our customers
with more effective access and expand our services to and from the European
marketplace."
The new satellite will enable PanAmSat to provide programme distribution,
broadcast contribution and enterprise networking to its European customers.
PanAmSat has also recently signed an agreement with Japan's JSAT to launch
a new Ku-band satellite to satisfy the growing demand in the US market.
The joint venture, Horizons-2, includes a high-powered satellite that will
support everything from digital video, high-definition television (HDTV)
and IP-based content distribution networks to broadband Internet and
satellite news gathering services (SNG ). (ABU Website)

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
E-65, GOURHANGA, GHORAMARA
RAJSHAHI-6100