[HCDX] Sri Lanka BC on 7275- and 11905 kHz

[HCDX] Sri Lanka BC on 7275- and 11905 kHz

Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation can still be heard here in Finland. Their bilingual Hindi/English Service was noted today November 18 on 7275- and 11905 kHz at 15 UTC scheduled 1330-1530 UTC.

Hindi section of the programme was introduced by a lady announcer, English by a male announcer. Music mainly Asiatic/Indian, no more Western evergreens. I miss the old format on 15748 kHz.

Last 34 minutes before close down at 1534 UTC reception on 11905 kHz  was good. Signal strength at peaks S9. Reception in the 41 mb, 7275 kHz was a lot weaker, suffering Chinese QRM after 15 UTC. I measured nominal 7275 kHz with all QRM 7274,75 kHz. Maybe I´m wrong.

Anyway, glad to hear SLBC!

73
Jouko Huuskonen
Turku FINLAND

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.