[HCDX] Recording Equipment Recommendations

[HCDX] Recording Equipment Recommendations

My 20 year old Technics dual cassette recorder finally gave up the ghost and
I'll be looking for another recording unit soon. I looked at the article
regarding the minidisk, but the article is 5 years old...in this day of
changing technologies, 5 years might as well be 50 years, hi.
I use the recorder in conjunction with a timer to record MW freqs from :58
to :02 to catch TOH IDs. The recorder power button stays on, and the timer
applies power for the 4 minutes at the top of the hour. I'd like to continue
with this methodology. Is this compatable with the latest minidisk
technology? What are your recommendations for current recording equipment?
Tnx, and 73's,
Bruce N7BWB

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.