[HCDX] WWRL

Hello to all of you !

I went to a Romanian restaurant in Sainte-Adèle, 76 kilometers from Montreal, in the Laurentians (Laurentides) region. The food was excellent, extremely good.

En route, when we returned I was able to pick up WWRL-1600 a nice domestic catche I'm unable to pick up in Pierrefonds-Est anymore since CFAV started using 1570 kHz. They were mixing with WUNR, but 17 kilometers north of Saint-Jérôme, they rosed atop, excellent peaks with soca music (during the last soca tune the DJ sayed over the middle of it on 4 or 5 occasions "six hundred"), but also two great reagge songs including an excellent tune by Shaba (a Jamaican singer).

Starting in Mirabel, they begun slowly suffering more and more from side-band splatter and in the Rivières-des-Milles-Îles, they were totally useless and the 1570 local splatter was extremely tiring.

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.